127hero

CONNECTING PEOPLE TO THE NEEDS OF ORPHANS AND WIDOWS AROUND THE GLOBE

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

James 1:27




GO

Mobilizing Teams

SPEAK

Start Conversations

INVEST

Partnering Financially

EMPOWER

Resourcing Solutions


127 WORLDWIDE

Connecting people to the needs of orphans and widows around the globe.

About 127 Worldwide

There are more than 150 million orphans living in the world today. This number roughly reflects half the population of the United States.

Widows are often forgotten.

While it is nearly impossible to find accurate statistics for widows, many estimate 70% of those in poverty are women.

Additionally, less than 5% of Christians in America will ever go on an international mission project. Thus there is a disconnect between the remaining 95% of American Christians and the poor. They are ignorant of the harsh realities of world poverty.

127 Worldwide was established to unite people in the fight against extreme poverty.

James 1:27 says, “Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.” (NRSV).

Throughout Scripture there is a command to take care of the helpless and impoverished, especially the orphans and widows. 127 Worldwide challenges people to live a lifestyle that reflects the truth and values of James 1:27 by meeting needs of widows and orphans around the globe.

Since 2011, the staff and partners of 127 Worldwide have raised more than $1.5 million to assist strategic partnerships who target the problem of poverty. 127 Worldwide is a 501c3 headquartered in Raleigh, NC.

Meet the 127 Team Meet Our Partners